"That’s just 2% of our state cities," said Takia Tinsley, an activist in favor Bell’s bill. "The other 98% unfairly target Black people, even though Blacks and whites and other races in our demographic statistically use marijuana at similar rates."
“The state has the right to appeal. I doubt that will go very far because the Supreme Court has already made it pretty clear where they stand on this issue. Alabama tried to do that, it didn’t work well for [...]
“‘This move by the city clerk is irresponsible and intentional...It is a direct attack on City of Atlanta residents.’ says Kendra Cotton, CEO of New Georgia Project and New Georgia Project Action Fund.
“Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said the cancellations contribute to Georgia’s ‘election integrity,’ while voting rights groups like the New Georgia Project Action Fund have called the voter roll cleanup ‘voter suppression,’ meant to disenfranchise legitimately registered voters.”
“Kendra Cotton, CEO of New Georgia Project Action Fund, said that while she does anticipate Trump will continue to attack Willis and her investigation, she doesn’t suspect ‘much escalation from Republicans writ large here in Georgia,’ largely because Gov. Brian [...]
“All Voting is Local Action, Fair Fight Action, Represent Georgia Action Network and the New Georgia Project Action Fund sent a letter to Gov. Brian Kemp and Attorney General Chris Carr on Thursday, asking that they begin the process of [...]